Whatever the size, we are on hand to help
EWDS is a family-run waste management and demolition company providing a professional and reliable service throughout Essex and the surrounding counties. We provide a dedicated Demolition and Waste removal service to both domestic and commercial clients tailoring each individual service to our customers’ needs.
ENVIRONMENTAL & SUSTAINABILITY POLICY
EWDS recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
The Proprietor is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
EWDS endeavour to:
• Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements. • Continually improve and monitor environmental performance. • Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
• Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
• Increase employee awareness and training.
• We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
• We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
• We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products. • We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
ENERGY & WATER
• We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
• Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use. • Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind. • The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
• We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
• We will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
• We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
• We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
• We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
• We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
• We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
• We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
• We will favour ‘green’ vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
MAINTAINING & CLEANING
• Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
• Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
• We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
MONITORING & IMPROVEMENT
• We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
• We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
• We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
• We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
• We will increase employee awareness through training.
• We will review this policy and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings.
• We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
• We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
• We will provide staff with relevant environmental training. • We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
• We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.
DUTY OF CARE
There is a legal requirement for all businesses who produce, keep or dispose of waste of any type to comply with the various regulations and the Duty of Care under Environmental Protection legislation.
EWDS recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements, and we are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods.
EWDS also recognises the importance of managing its waste responsibly, including reducing the volume of waste sent to landfill and maximising reuse and recycling where possible. To help achieve our environmental targets, EWDS applies a ‘waste hierarchical’ approach: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Recover, in preference to the disposal of waste to Landfill.
EWDS ensures that it:
• Complies with all relevant regulatory requirements
• Continually improves and monitors environmental performance • Continually improves and reduces environmental impacts
• Incorporates environmental factors into business decisions
• Increases employee awareness and training.
We are dedicated to keeping our planet clean, to do our bit we recycle ALL of your waste and rubbish.
Fast & efficient
We deliver a value for money. Our prices are competitive as we work hard to ensure a clean & efficient rubbish and waste recycling service.
Book us today
Getting your rubbish cleared might look like a daunting task, but it doesn't have to be. Call or book online and we'll take care of it all.
“Very polite young man. Looked at the mess and was ready to go, respectful of the area and was great value for money too and nice and quick. Would definitely recommend.”
“Needed to clear waste urgently as tenant was moving in soon. Professional service. Fast turnaround. Very happy, highly recommend them.”
“Excellent service would highly recommend this company. I had to get my garden and shed cleared, these guys sorted the whole mess out and left the place clean and tidy.”