EWDS is a family-run waste management and demolition company providing a professional and reliable service throughout Essex and the surrounding counties. We provide a dedicated Demolition and Waste removal service to both domestic and commercial clients tailoring each individual service to our customers’ needs.
ENVIRONMENTAL & SUSTAINABILITY POLICY
EWDS recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
The Proprietor is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
EWDS endeavour to:
• Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements. • Continually improve and monitor environmental performance. • Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
• Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
• Increase employee awareness and training.
• We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
• We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
• We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products. • We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
ENERGY & WATER
• We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
• Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use. • Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind. • The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
• We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
• We will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
• We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
• We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
• We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
• We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
• We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
• We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
• We will favour ‘green’ vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
MAINTAINING & CLEANING
• Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
• Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
• We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
MONITORING & IMPROVEMENT
• We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
• We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
• We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
• We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
• We will increase employee awareness through training.
• We will review this policy and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings.
• We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
• We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
• We will provide staff with relevant environmental training. • We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
• We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.
DUTY OF CARE
There is a legal requirement for all businesses who produce, keep or dispose of waste of any type to comply with the various regulations and the Duty of Care under Environmental Protection legislation.
EWDS recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements, and we are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods.
EWDS also recognises the importance of managing its waste responsibly, including reducing the volume of waste sent to landfill and maximising reuse and recycling where possible. To help achieve our environmental targets, EWDS applies a ‘waste hierarchical’ approach: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Recover, in preference to the disposal of waste to Landfill.
EWDS ensures that it:
• Complies with all relevant regulatory requirements
• Continually improves and monitors environmental performance • Continually improves and reduces environmental impacts
• Incorporates environmental factors into business decisions
• Increases employee awareness and training.
Fast & efficient
Our experienced team will ensure your waste is cleared in a fast & efficient way whilst ensuring its disposed of safely and responsibly.
Our company offers competitive pricing with transparent quotes to help you stay within your budget for any project.
Companies we've helped
“EWDS carried out the demolition of a brick-built Greenkeepers building at our Bentley Golf Club development. They also carefully removed the Asbestos tiles from the roof. They completed the works ahead of programme without any variations. They carried out the works in a very professional manner, leaving the site clear and tidy, allowing the Main Contractor to continue with their programmed works”
“EWDS carried out the demolition of an existing Community Hall in the heart of Basildon, Essex.
They carried out an Asbestos survey and removed all Asbestos, whilst providing the relevant documentation.
All works were completed on programme and they were a joy to work with.”
“EWDS carried out the soft strip out of a former Veterinary Building, leaving the project ready for the necessary surveys. All waste was removed from site in a clean and tidy manner. All works were completed ahead of programme.
EWDS also assisted the Main Contractor in providing safety protection around a building that had falling roof tiles. We would definitely work with EWDS on future projects.”